1. Acknowledgement and acceptance of terms
Motor Vehicle Software Corporation (“MVSC”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with our website. By accessing MVSC at mvscusa.com, vitu.com, dmvdesk.com, RMPSchool.com, wearevitu.com, vitutemptag.com, dealers.vituinsurance.com, catemptag.com or Vituassociation.com you acknowledge and fully understand MVSC’s Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website.Online merchants and others who participate in MVSC services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
MVSC collects certain information from and about its users in three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, with Cookies, and with web beacons.
Web Server Logs. When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from. Pages you viewed on the site.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web Server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality. MVSC reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into mvscusa.com or dmvdesk.com a site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
Use of Web Beacons
“Web beacons” or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on this site from time to time for this and other purposes.
- Non-Public Personal Information
We consider your use of the Service to be private. However, we may access or disclose information about you, your account and/or the content of your communications, in order to:
- Process transactions pursuant to your request,
- comply with DMV rules or regulations,
- comply with the law or with legal process served on us;
- enforce and investigate potential violations of this contract; including use of the Service to participate in, or facilitate, activities that violate the law; or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of MVSC, its affiliates, its officers, its employees, its customers, or the public. You consent to the access and disclosures outlined in this section.
We may use technology or other means to protect the Service, protect our customers, or stop you from breaching this contract. These means may include, for example, increased security. These means may hinder your use of the Service.
In order to provide you the Service, we may collect certain information about Service performance, your machine and your Service use. If you utilize the electronic filing or KSR functions within DMVdesk, we will ask you to run an activation utility to comply with certain security protocols required by the California Department of Motor Vehicles. We may automatically upload this information from your machine.
We agree to maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state laws, so as to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information and data regarding Dealer’s customers that may come into our possession
4. Security Technologies
MVSC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access, which are located in controlled facilities. Credit card (and/or ACH) information submitted to us is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This encryption method is used widely on the Internet to keep information secure. Although we use advanced encryption (Secure Socket Layers), we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us.
5. Accessing Web Account Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your web account file is correct and current. You may review this information by contacting our customer support at 877-368-3375 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your California Privacy Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that MVSC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information, if any, that we disclosed to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that MVSC delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 877-368-3375, or
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Right Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
MVSC does not engage in the sale of personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Consumer’s Privacy Rights
MVSC will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless otherwise permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
7. Contacting Us
MVSC has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
8. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your comments to: MVSC Legal Dept., 29901 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills, CA 91301
MVSC will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.